Education Solutions and Services
Learn how Konica Minolta provides flexible, scalable student records management systems that reduce expenses, improve results and protect the environment.
Faced with rising costs and budget constraints, educators and administrators are turning to Konica Minolta for document solutions that save time, streamline workflow and improve productivity. In classrooms, school districts, universities and libraries, Konica Minolta provides flexible, scalable document systems that maximize the power of technology to reduce expenses, improve results and protect the environment.
Our proven experience in serving K-12 schools, colleges, training programs and other educational applications includes customized solutions for every document need:
- Protecting student confidentiality. For educational applications, Konica Minolta offers the industry’s most advanced array of security capabilities. FERPA-compliant features are built into every bizhub® MFP to identify users and restrict access with secure authentication in any form: passwords, standard HID cards, even Biometric Authentication.
- Testing and grading for K-12 schools. With the print/scan power of bizhub devices, educators can create and print multiple choice (bubble sheet) exams and assessments on demand, scan and score exams, and get instantaneous results. Exam grades are pulled back into a robust back-end data analytic system that integrates with the student information system (SIS) for teachers to compare testing results to state standards.
- Assigning and recovering print costs. Schools, universities and libraries can use bizhub account-tracking functions to assign costs to departments, grants, or individual teachers and students — with panel-integrated, bizhub-compatible cost recovery systems from Equitrac, Pharos, Konica Minolta’s own PageScope® Enterprise Suite, and JAMEX and ITC vending terminals in public-access areas.
- Creating course content in-house for colleges and universities. Creating course content in-house and on-demand can realize immediate cost savings for educators. Konica Minolta’s fleet of digital presses enables educators and administrative professionals to create high-quality, cost-effective color or B&W perfect-bound course packs or marketing materials.
- Helping educational applications protect the environment with Konica Minolta’s Clean Planet Program. Reducing environmental impact is a top educational priority. That’s why all bizhub models feature environmentally friendly Simitri® toner for clean, crisp print/copy quality, high toner yields to lower operating costs, and low-temperature oil-less fusing to save energy. Konica Minolta also provides cost-free recycling for all your Konica Minolta consumables.
- Interfacing seamlessly with educational scanning systems.With bizhub OP (open platform) and bEST (bizhub Extended Solutions Technology), your hardware and educational software work together with streamlined, automated ease. Most bizhub MFPs are designed to directly interface with educational scanning systems such as Nuance’s eCopy and RSA, to manage, archive and access school records.
- Scanning, printing and copying in library applications.Konica Minolta’s PS scanners provide face-up scanning to protect fragile bindings and valuable originals — perfect for digitizing and sharing newspapers, oversized artwork and originals, and fragile bound volumes.
- Evaluating workflow to improve productivity. OPS (Optimized Print Services), a fully customized one-stop print services solution, can help every educational application monitor, measure and manage printing and eliminate costs associated with underutilized or redundant equipment or ineffective document workflow. OPS can also automate service and supplies to keep educational printers and MFPs working at peak performance.
- Providing Education Technology Expertise with All Covered. All Covered, Konica Minolta’s IT Services organization, assists educational institutions in ensuring that technology use is aligned with instructional and operational expectations. — Engaging with All Covered on IT projects and support options allows an organizations’ staff to focus their efforts on elements of the technology investment that are instructional in nature – unique and core to the mission. With over 600 trained engineers, 25+ locations and more than 15 years of experience, All Covered can help you gain greater benefits from investments in technology by using the right resource at the right time in managing network infrastructure, security, data and communications and providing desktop support services.